Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, May 11, 2003

Nothing more depressing that checking your e-mail for the first time in 3 days and finding nothing but 100 spams.

In news only I care about, Disney has decided to speed up the production of their Platinum Collection of DVDs. The Platinum Collection is the moniker of their 2-disc special editions of their animated classics. Their original plan of releasing only one a year over the next ten years, starting in 2001, is starting to make Disney scratch their heads, as research indicates that next generation DVDs will be on the market by 2005. So, Disney will now release 2 a year over the next five years, and they have added four more titles to the Platinum Collection. Already out in the Platinum Collection are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (2001) and Beauty and the Beast (2002). 2003's Platinum Collection is going to be The Lion King. The remaining 7 of the original 10 are Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Bambi, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book. The four new additions are Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Fantasia, and Peter Pan.

I was watching a little bit of Die Hard before making my excursion to the Internet cafe tonight. Nothing makes me laugh more now than those classic scenes where the hero picks up the phone to call for help, only to find that the villain has cut the phone lines. I hope very soon to see this film in some cheezy action film or cheezy action TV show:

Hero>> Quick! Pick up the phone and call for help!
(Heroine picks up the phone)
Heroine>> The phones are dead! They must have cut the lines!
(Hero tosses Heroine a small object)
Hero>> Then use my cellphone.

One of the curses I have as being a big movie buff with dreams of being a filmmaker some day is I occasionally have brilliant flashes of dialogue, but no movie to wrap around it. Had such a flash the other day. So, please, don't steal this, as it's from my soon-to-be-made-Academy-Award-winning-film:

Man and woman are walking down the street. Woman accidentally trips the man.

Woman>> Oh, I'm so sorry!
Man>> Don't be.
Woman>> why?
Man>> Because, from this angle, I can see up your skirt.
(Woman gets embarrased and moves to cover herself)
Man>> Oh, don't be all embarrased. (Man gets up) Purple's a good colour on you.

One drawback to teaching the English language along side a group of Americans. Every time I write "colour" or "favourite" or "theatre," they lecture me on my incorrect spelling.

No comments: