Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, July 17, 2003

It's official. I need to buy my own house. Why? Because my mean ol' parents won't let me build my home theatre. My first attempt at getting my own house didn't go so well. One night, around the dinner table, I looked at my parents and said, "Mom. Dad. MOVE OUT OF MY HOUSE!" They just laughed. So, I guess I'll just have to buy one.

Speaking of buying stuff, next time I'm in a bookstore I think I'll have to get The Martians by Kim Stanley Robinson. When I was in Japan, Streiff sent me Robinson's Mars trilogy (Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars) and I found it to be a fascinating read. The Martians isn't as much as a sequel as it is a companion. See, each novel is divided into sections, and each section is told from the POV of a specific character. In The Martians, Robinson thinks, "Well, you know, in that section, I never mentioned this character at all. I think I'll write a short story about what he/she was doing during that time...." And it's stuff like that. I think I'll enjoy it.

Next issue...Darth Randall Strikes!

No comments: