Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, August 24, 2003

I've been spending a lot of time recently getting re-aquainted with my Batman trade paperbacks. Seeing as to how I have read them many, many times, I'm thinking it's time to start expanding my library. Naturally, my first instinct drifts me towards Kevin Smith's stuff. I'm really curious about his Green Arrow story, Quiver, so if anyone out there has read it, tell me if it's worth my hard earned cash. Plus, there's his View Askew comics, like Clerks, Chasing Dogma, and the Bluntman and Chronic graphic novel. Actually, I have read Bluntman and Chronic. It was an afternoon in a Tokyo bookstore. If you thought Kevin Smtih was nothing but dick and fart jokes before....

And while we're on the subject, I'm thinking about buying a Green Lantern action figure. What can I say? When I was a kid, my brother bought me the Super Powers Green Lantern figure for Christmas one year, and it was my favourite toy for a good six months. Ever since I got hardcore into action figure collecting, I've been toying with adding another GL to my collection. But there are so many now! Golden Age, Silver Age, Modern, Kingdom Come, the animated Justice League.... Which one?

Kind of reminds me of when the Star Wars figures came out. I got it in my head to collect every Luke Skywalker. But I didn't.

Tonight's obscure Star Trek fact: It's common knowledge that the powers-that-be at Paramount wanted the character of Ensign Ro to be on Deep Space Nine, but they were also trying to get her for Voyager.

Next issue...Emerald Twilight

No comments: