Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, May 09, 2004

After two hours of brutal battling, I finally walked away from the Fortree City gym with my Feather Badge. I've got sore shoulders, sore thumbs, everything that says, "You've been playing video games for far too long." Oh, but it was worth it.

I have to give props to the pokemon that helped me win it: my recently captured Castform. You've heard of frankenfoods? Well, this is a frankenmon. (Or, pokenstein, whatever.) It was being created by the Weather Institute in the hopes of creating a pokemon capable of controlling the weather. After I liberated the Weather Institute from the evil Team Aqua, the scientists gave me a Castform as thanks. What makes this pokemon unique is that it's affected by the weather. If it's raining, it becomes a water type. If it's snowing, it becomes an ice type. If it's really bright and sunny, it becomes a fire type. Plus, it can make it rain, snow, or be sunny. It's a powerful little critter.

And I've been doing some reading about the next editions of the Pokemon games coming for Gameboy Advance this fall. The next editions/colours are "FireRed" and "LeafGreen." These are, essentially, super-special editions of the original Red and Blue editions for the original Game Boy. Only now, they're in colour and have all the fancy new features that are in Ruby and Sapphire. Nifty, eh? You can get me one for Christmas, if you're so inclined.

Anyway, now, I need to go recover then write a column for you kind readers.

Oh, and can you help me with a problem? Mr. Anderson tells me that, on his machine, the graphics for this blog aren't loading. They do, however, load fine on mine. So, we're trying to figure out if this is a global problem or just me and him. If you don't see any graphics on this page, please drop me a line and tell me so!

Next Issue...The Might of Kekleon!

No comments: