Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Don't you hate it when the bottom of your foot's itchy, but you can't scratch it because you're so darn ticklish? It's hell, I tell you, hell.

Anyway, had a lovely day in the city with Trouble. Apparently, my gift from China was too big to fit in her luggage, so it's currently being shipped.

I took advantage of the day to see not one, but two movies. I saw two of the most hyped sequels of the summer. Some mini-reviews. (I'll do full reviews for the website cuz Mr. Anderson misses them so.)

Shrek 2 - What can I say? It was a sequel. It boasts the kind of humour akin to Twisted ToyFare Theatre. It's not so much about joke-writing or wit anymore, but about cramming in as many pop culture references as you can. While there were some clever gags and bits throughout, there was a whole "bin there, done that" vibe going on. 2.5 Nibs.

Spider-Man 2 - OH MY GOD! So cool. Peter Parker's angst, the Spidey/Doc Ock fights, Mary Jane's play...this movie just rocked. 4 Nibs.

Next Issue...Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head

No comments: