Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, July 01, 2004

OK, so we found out why the Miyazaki DVDs got delayed. Turns out Disney wants to piggy-back on the hype for Miyazaki's next film, Howl's Moving Castle. Look for the discs to come out in early 2005.

One of the best things Mr. Anderson ever did for me was turn me on to Neil Gaiman's classic The Sandman comics. One of the little items was that Dreams had this massive library of stuff that was thought up, but never written. I wonder how big my section in that library is.

I almost cried today because I was thinking about this. I have so many cool ideas for stuff I want to write. Columns, novels, short stories. When I have a job, I complain that I have no time to write. When I have no job, I put it off and put it off and put it off. I mean, what the fuck is my problem? It frustrates me to no end. I mean, let's be honest, I'm not really what you'd call talented. But a few friends seem to like what I do. But, for some reason, I just have no ambition. If I am ever going to write any of this stuff, I have to make some fundamental changes in here. (Dramatically points to heart.) And I'm not sure I can do it.

Next Issue...Cry Me a River

No comments: