Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, August 16, 2004

Hee hee! I'll admit, despite my fascination with the Olympics, I'm not watching much of the coverage on TV. I read the scores in the paper the next morning. So, right now, I'm giggling like a schoolgirl over the big news.

For the first time since NBA players have been allowed to play at the Olympics, Team USA has been beaten.

They lost, 92 to 73, to Puerto Rico. People have been predicting this, apparently, since the first Dream Team in 1992. Fact is, NBA players are evolving to be more style than substance, and it's starting to catch up with them.

Plus, we've got some sad movie news coming out of the Chicago Wizard World Convention. Kevin Smith has officially announced that he is NOT directing The Green Hornet. He figures that he's just not the guy to do a big budget action film. He is still writing it, however. Smith also said he'll be announcing his next project in November.

Next Issue...Kato Strike!

No comments: