Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, August 09, 2004

Well, the day I've been worrying about for the past two weeks has come. I got the bill for my NAIT tuition in the mail today. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a full $500 cheaper than I thought it'd be. So, first step now is to go to the bank and unlock the special savings account I tucked the tuition money into. (I locked it away so I wouldn't accidentally spend it on DVDs.) But first, I've got to beg the boss for a day off next week so I can go into NAIT and pay it in person.

Anywho, I feel like mentioning this movie news. There's a movie in development right now called Zarutha. It's based on a childrens book by Chris Van Allsburg, the same guy who wrote Jumanji. And, just like Jumanji, Zarutha is about a cursed board game. This time, the board game is sci-fi based, and it flings a family's home into deep space, where the family proceeds to have a series of adventures. Tim Robbins is playing the father in this family, Jon Favreau (he directed the Will Ferrel movie Elf and was paired with Vince Vaughn in a bunch of indie films) is directing, and Stan Winston is bringing the aliens to life. They are saying it is a sequel to Jumanji "in spirit and themes only."

Truth be told, Jumanji is still on my list of "movies to check out out of morbid curiosity." It's a short list. The only other movie on it right now is Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

Next Issue...Jarutha

No comments: