Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Well, folks, I've completed one of my big goals for the summer.

I've finished Pokemon: Sapphire Edition!

Sing it with me now:

Born to be a winner!
Born to be a champion!
Born to be a winner!
Born to be the very best!
Born to be a winner!
Pokemon!


Of course, I couldn't have done it without my champion line-up of pokemon:

Kyogre - The mythical pokemon; a winged killer whale. My big gun. My most powerful. He just plowed through everything.

Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptyle - My first pokemon, which evolved to its final form. An ass-kicking grass type.

Aron/Lairon/Aggron - This guy, literally a rock. When endurance is the key, I just sent him out there and he takes a beating, just wearing down the other guy.

Shroomish/Breloom - A strange combination; part grass-type, part fighting-type, but all champion.

Seviper - The snake pokemon. Every move he has poisons you somehow. He rocks.

Torkoal - A big, fugly fire-breathing turtle. What's not to love?

And notable others that got me this far:

Psyduck/Golduck - One of my favourites from the show.

Anortih - My Jurassic Pokemon; cloned from a fossil I found in the desert. A rock/bug type who knows water attacks. Very cool.

Castform - This freaky pokemon was genetically engineered to control the weather. He actually changes form based on the weather. If it's raining, he's a water pokemon. If it's sunny and hot, he's a fire pokemon. If it's hailing, he's an ice pokemon.

Wurmple/Silcoon/Dustox - Mothra! A good warrior.

And that's it! As I said, even though I've now "finished" the game, it's not really over. I can now explore parts of the game that were previously unexplorable, and something called the "battle tower" has opened up, where I have to face seven trainers in a row. And, don't forget, the all-new FireRed and LeafGreen versions come out next week!

But until then, I"ll just enjoy being the Hoenn League Champion.

Sing it with me now!

Take a step and I'm on my way
Gonna start all over again!
I wanna be a hero! (Pokemon advance)
I'm on my way!
I wanna be a hero!
Gimme just one chance!
And the future will decide
If there's a hero buried deep inside
I wanna be a hero!
Pokemon!


Next Issue...Time to Get a Life

No comments: