Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Well, I got most of my planned writing done today. I wrote my latest column, episode III of my radio play trilogy, two radio spots, and a cover letter for my application to write for NAIT's paper this fall. It was tough, too. I was very easily distracted today. I seem to have lost my bow tie. I need to find it soon, too. It's an integral part of my Halloween costume. And, I'd like to play with Microsoft Access more. I'd sure like to design some kind of database program to keep track of collectable action figures....

Anyway, the column. This one is called The Nature of Evil:

"I’ve been called many names in my life. I’ve gone by many names in my life. But the one that always rattles me the most is “evil.” Perhaps it comes from having been raised on a steady diet of comic books, cartoons, and morality fables. Naturally, most little boys want to grow up to be Prince Charming, Superman, or Snake Eyes. Very few people want to be the Evil Sorcerer, Lex Luthor, or Cobra Commander. With these pop culture fables having formed the foundation of my moral compass, I have always tried my best to be the good guy. When someone points at me and accuses me of being evil, I often find myself, like Daredevil, just sitting in the shadows muttering to myself, “But I’m not the bad guy.” In essence, whenever I’m accused of being evil, I’m naturally consumed by self-analysis trying to figure out exactly what I did was wrong. "

I think this is a good one. Check it out, why don't you?

Next Issue...COMMTech chips and dip

No comments: