Just forget the words and sing along

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Wow. I must have a touch of the obsessive compulsive disorder. After I mounted my new Clone Wars action figures last night, I noticed that my Star Wars figures no longer formed a perfect, symmetrical grid on my wall. So, I spent most of my morning re-arranging how all my collectable action figures are displayed, just so I could get the Star Wars figures back into a symmetrical grid.

Anyway, let's get to some cool DVD news. I revealed this a few weeks ago, but today I finally got the complete list of bonus materials. On March 15, Paramount will release the 2-disc special edition of....

Star Trek: First Contact

Your bonus materials:
- running commentary with director/star Jonathan Frakes
- running commentary with writers Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga
- pop up triva commentary compiled by Michael and Denise Okuda
- 3 featurettes on the Star Trek universe, including a tribute to composer Jerry Goldsmith
- 3 featurettes on the Borg
- 6 featurettes on the production, including one dedicated to the design of the Enterprise-E
- 3 scene deconstructions
- storyboard gallery
- teasers and trailers

Huh. No cut scenes. And I was *really* hoping they'd include the long-rumoured Captain Sisko cameo.

Oh, and there's a rumour going around that, on the same day, Paramount will release the much-demanded Star Trek: the Complete Animated Series. No word if this rumour is true, or what bonus stuff there may be.

A couple of quick bits, because Mom just rang the dinner bell:

- Team America: World Police hits DVD on April 5.
- To start hyping The Ring 2, a new The Ring Collector's Set hits on March 8.

Next Issue...Full Tummy

No comments: