Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, January 01, 2005

It is the year 2005. Watch out, Cybertron! Unicron's a comin'!

I've already celebrated by scratching an itch I've had for a while. I watched Titanic. God, remember how crazy-popular that film was when it came out? I remember, I had just started following movie news online, and everyone was predicting that it would cause this huge trend of epic romances set against epic tragedies. But so far, we've only had one: the kinda lame Pearl Harbor. All I can say is thank God we were spared Jan de Bont's Hindenburg! (Seriously. That was a very strong rumour 7 years ago.)

Actually, it got me thinking. You see, I don't own Titanic on DVD. I watched it on video. When I first got my DVD player 4 years ago, I swore that I'd never buy a movie that I already had on video, unless a really sweet 2-disc special edition came along. So, I've just got to put down this list now.
Movies I have on video, and bought again on DVD

The Star Wars Trilogy
Star Wars: Episode I
The Iron Giant
UHF
The Transformers: The Movie
Star Treks 1 - 7
Independence Day
Jurassic Park
X-Men
Back to the Future (although, to be fair, I only own the first one on video. The DVD I got was the box set of the whole trilogy.)

And for completion....
Movies I have on video, and am still waiting for a good DVD special edition

Titanic
Apollo 13
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Batman (The first Tim Burton one)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Matrix (yeah, I know it's out now)
The Indiana Jones Trilogy (ditto)
Armageddon (it does exist, but I've never seen it for less than $80)

I think that's the whole list

Next Issue...More DVDs!!

No comments: