Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Yay! Telus connected my phone line! I'm back I'm back I'm back!

And I'm bored as hell.

See, since I'm only going to be here until the end of April, I decided that I didn't need cable and that I could make do with farmer vision. Well, I don't know if it's Cold Lake in general or just my apartment, but farmer vision seems to consist of nothing but the french channel. It's driving me insane.

So, I'll probably be online a lot. And read a lot.

Anyway, I've got some DVD news to pass along. Pixar has finally officially announced that The Incredibles will hit DVD on March 15. As has become the trend with Pixar films, the DVD will contain an all-new animated short film. The short, entitled Jack-Jack's Attack, is set in the middle of the film. For those who haven't seen The Incredibles, when the family goes off to do their superheroing, they leave their baby, Jack-Jack, at home with a babysitter. When the family gets home, they find the babysitter all in a panic because Jack-Jack finally got his superpowers and just freaked her out. So, Jack-Jack's Attack shows us what happened between Jack-Jack and the babysitter.

Also, you'll get an alternate opening, some cut scenes, some bloopers (aww, man, I thought Pixar had retired this lame gag), and running commentary with Brad Bird, Craig T. Nelson (Mr. Incredible) and Samuel L. Jackson (Frozone). It'll be out in both fullscreen and widescreen editions. March 15!

And here's a little bit of movie news, too. Disney is actually going through their incredibly stupid plan of doing Toy Story 3 without Pixar. Disney has just hired Jared Stern to write the script. Stern is a recent graduate of Disney's "How To Write Animated Films" program, and Disney liked his take on the characters. This is Stern's first real job.

Boy, that just inspires confidence in this film, doesn't it? I can see the conversation now....

"Check it out. This guy wrote a Toy Story 3 script for his final project."

"Cool! Let's give him the film!"

And while I'm at it, did I mention that Disney's going to be re-making Tron? Well, they are.

Next Issue...Arise!

No comments: