Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, March 20, 2005

At long last! It's here! This week's column, Untold Tales of Japan: Scarecrow Goes to Disneyland pt. 1:

"I had completely forgotten that Japan has a Disneyland until I arrived and started seeing the ads on TV. Like every child that has grown up under the watchful gaze of the Disney Corporation, I wanted to go to Disneyland. And, now that there was one in my figurative backyard, I knew that this was as good a chance as any. After some research, I learned that Tokyo Disneyland has a “Saitama Day,” in which the residents of Saitama prefecture could get in for half price. And lo and behold, I was in Saitama prefecture! After I plotted the charts and spoke to my students, I finally realized why there was always one day a month when all those under 18 that I taught never came in for their lessons."

The whole thing's right here!

No comments: