Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Latest column's up! This week, I tell you What Would Make Me Swear Off Fast Food:

" Call me silly, but at fast food restaurants, I have become accustomed to clerks saying, “Hello! What can I get for you today?” I stand and wait for the clerk to ask that. Instead, she says nothing. She just glares at me. I smile politely, waiting to be acknowledged. She locks eyes with me and scowls. I start to feel her eyes boring their way through my skull. The moment is turning awkward. I continue smiling. What was once a simple restaurant transaction has become a battle of wills. I stand, waiting for one of us to crack. Will she finally buckle and say, “Can I take your order?” Will I break down and just blurt out, “I’d like a cheeseburger combo, please!” We stand and stare at each other. "

Read the whole thing!

No comments: