Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, March 14, 2005

My computer's driving me nuts. It still randomly shuts off. At first, I thought it may have been because my battery was dead and I didn't know. Hey, it's been plugged in for the past two months. But that wasn't it. I'm really starting to believe it's an overheating issue. Why? Because yesterday, I was finally able to do a complete virus scan and defrag the hard drive.

I did it on my balcony.

It was -5 outside yesterday.

Anyway, I hope my laptop will survive until the end of April. My practicum will be done, I'll have some down-time between jobs, and I'll take my machine into the authorized Toshiba repair centre.

Anyway, got a few bits of tremendously exciting movie news:

the Hobbit - Peter Jackson has gone on record as saying this movie is at least 4 years away. See, New Line made Lord of the Rings and wants to make the Hobbit. But, MGM owns The Hobbit. Jackson said that there's a strong desire in Hollywood to see it made, but it'll take a while for the lawyers to hammer out a deal.

Toy Story 3 - God, I can't believe Disney is making this film without Pixar. Disney had just chosen a director: Bradley Raymond. Raymond is a veteran of Disney's straight-to-video-sequel division, having directed The Hunchback of Notre Dame II and The Lion King 1½. The script was written by Jared Stern, who wrote it as part of his "How to write an animated film" course. Disney's looking at 2008 for a release.

X-Men 3 - And, the new director is Matthew Vaughn. Vaughn is a longtime collaberator of Guy Ritchie's, having been the producer on Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Vaughn made his directorial debut last year with Layer Cake. May 2006 is still the release!

And now, to curse at my computer some more.

Next Issue...Nice, Heavy Paperweight

No comments: