Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Wow. I just can't believe this. A trio of aerospace engineers stepped forward and donated $3 million to the "Save Enterprise" campaigns. I'm sorry, but aren't there charities much more deserving of $3 mllion than a push to save a sub-par sci-fi show? Like getting the Babylon 5 movie off the ground.

Anyway, I did manage to catch the final episode of NYPD Blue last night. It ended just as Dad and I predicted. Main character Det. Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) got his promotion and became commander of the squad of detectives. The entire final episode was about his first day as commander and dealing with the trails and tribulations of command as he dealt with a high profile murder.

Kind of reminds me of Fry's quote from Futurama: "People don't want clever and unexpected things on television. Clever makes them feel stupid, and unexpected makes them afraid."

Actually, read a great quote from creator Steven Bochco about how he knew it was time to end the show: "I think we could have gone for another year or two, but I don't mind leaving the party an hour early. I'd much rather leave an hour early than an hour late."

Next Issue...Dead Tired

No comments: