Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE GOOD...
A guy in my building stopped me in the lobby to tell me he listens to me on the radio!

...WITH THE BAD
He then ranted for 10 minutes about how much I suck.

Anyway, a quick reminder (for Dad). Tonight is the final episode of my Dad's all-time favourite TV show, NYPD Blue. The show gained headlines in its first season for its foul language and gratuitous bare butts. Yup, all the actor's had a "nudity clause" in their contract, another reason the show gained infamy. Creator Steven Bochco didn't understand the fuss, simply saying that he wanted to do an R-rated police drama for TV. But, it was a critical and ratings hit, and went on to be a huge hit and get all kinds of awards.

Tonight's finale is a 3-hour spectacular: a 1-hour retrospective, followed by the 2-hour final episode. The show's been on for 12 years.

Mark

No comments: