Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Latest column's up! This week, I Run for the Border:

"Now, you’re probably thinking that going to Saskatchewan is a massive endeavour, and so did I, until I realized how close Cold Lake is to the Saskatchewan border. I always forget how close I am until I look at a map. The lake of Cold Lake actually straddles the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. Day trips to Lloydminister are common for the average Cold Lake resident. In fact, one of our radio station’s clients – the Pearceland Bingo Hall – is in Saskatchewan. As I returned from Glendon, I saw the sign on the highway: “Pearceland: 30 km.” When I hit Pearceland, I hit Saskatchewan. I took the turn and headed due east. I was Saskatchewan bound!"

Whole thing's right here

No comments: