Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Well, we have another one to add to the list of "Pointless sequels that they really shouldn't make."

Garfield 2 is on the way!

20th Century Fox has just hired Tim Hill to direct. Hill directed the Disney comedy Max Keeble's Big Move and the last Muppet epic Muppets from Space. He was also one of the writers on The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.

20th Century Fox has also announced a release date of July 28, 2006.

Now, I haven't seen Garfield yet, but my sister went to see it as soon as it came out. When she was a kid, she was nuts for all things Garfield. She owned darn near every book. She obsessivly watched the cartoon, Garfield and Friends, every Saturday morning. She had all variety of Garfiled stuffed toys. And, in one of the sweetest deals ever in the history of parent/child relations, she suckered my parents into buying her the complete set of Garfield collector's plates from the Hamilton Mint. She seems to have become a well-adjust adult, but for Chrismtas 2 years ago, I gave her the Garfield 25th anniversay coffee table book, entitled Garfield at 25: In Dog Years, I'd Be Dead By Now, and she totally geeked out over it.

She hated the Garfield movie. Absolutly hated it.

Man, I've got to see it if only to see if it really is that bad.


I reproted a few days ago about the special Terry Fox Commemorative Loonie. As such, I've been hanging out at the official Royal Canadian Mint website. I'm still sad that I haven't gotten one of those Poppy Quarters that came out back at Rememberance Day. But, at the Mint website, I can buy a whole roll for $14.

And I find that odd, seeing as to how a roll of quarters only holds $10 worth. The extra $4 must be shipping and handling.

Oh, and don't forget to swing my the official Royal Canadian Mint website and vote on the final design for the Alberta centennial commemorative quarter, due out this fall!

No comments: