Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, August 15, 2005

I was watching a few reruns of Smallville on TV last night. I rather do enjoy that show. I've said many times before that what makes that show fascinating for me is watching Lex Luthor's painfully slow decent to the dark side. We all saw Anakin turn into Darth Vader over 2 hours in Episode III. Now imagine that being played out over 4 years of television. That's Lex Luthor.

My only problem with Smallville was that I've watched it so sporadically. I watched it pretty faithfully in its first season. Then I missed all of season 2 when I was in Japan. I've only been able to watch it off-and-on ever since. I'm guessing I'm going to have to do like my best friend.

My best friend has fallen in love with Alias. But, he lives in an area with crappy TV reception and can't afford cable. So, he signed up for Zip.ca and rents the season-by-season boxed sets. That's actually a good idea.

Anyway, I've really got to watch Smallville this season. I've already seen ads saying that this season will be the final one. Which is, you know, almost expected.

I'm sure I've shared that tale that Smallville was originally going to be Bruce Wayne, and it was going to be about Bruce Wayne's teen angst while embracing his destiny. When Bruce Wayne was in development, many people went, "Yeah! They should do this show, then end it when the Batman: Year One movie comes out!" And now, Smallville will be ending just as the new movie comes out.

That's another big reason to watch. Apparently, the creators of Smallville have remained in constant touch with Bryan Singer, and this final season is going to be chock full of foreshadowing to the new movie.

No comments: