Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Latest column's up! This week, I'm suffereing from an Empty Feeling:

"You know, it’s going to be fun watching what happens. Everyone’s talking about the box office slump and blaming DVD for taking people away from the theatres. If that’s the truth, then this Christmas is going to be crazy, as everyone buys the movies that they were waiting to be released on DVD. But what if DVD sales reach an all-time low? What if the slump carries over into the home theatre? Who will be blamed then?"

Read it all right here!


I have to share the latest way in which I'm being a shit disturber.

For those who don't live in the province anymore, gas prices have been leading the news for about a week now. For the first time even in Alberta history, gas prices are over $1 per litre. It's insane.

One website that was getting a lot of press was Edmonton Gas Prices.com. This website monitors the gas prices of every gas station in Edmonton. It's run completly by volunteers who post the prices of their corner gas stations. It allows you to shop for the lowest gas prices just with a point and a click.

After checking out this website, I also found that there's an Alberta Gas Prices.com, which monitors gas prices for rural Alberta. Camrose, Cold Lake, Red Deer...this is where you find it all.

And I noticed that there were no listings for Entwistle's gas stations.

So, I registered today and I've taken it upon myself to monitor the Entwistle gas prices for Alberta Gas Prices.com. I mean, I like to go for a walk every evening. All I have to do is change my route so I go by the gas stations every evening and then post the new prices as part of my evening Internet routine. Easy as 3.14!

Anyway, because it was such a nice day, I went for my walk in the middle of the afternoon and posted my findings when I got back. And you know what I found?

The Entwistle Esso is the fifth-highest-priced gas station in Alberta! 105.9 per litre!

I couldn't stop laughing. I always knew that the owner of the Esso is a price gouger, but I had no idea he was so bad!

Entwistle's other gas station, which is essentially the pumps at the Jounreyman Motel, is only at 99.9 per litre.

Oh, and by the way, the parent website of Edmonton Gas Prices.com and Alberta Gas Prices.com is Gas Buddy. Go there to find "your province's gas prices.com."

No comments: