Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, August 08, 2005

Well, I'm off!

I'm heading out to the world-renounded David Thompson Resort for a week of family camping. This trip has been in the planning for a few weeks, and I was rather non-commital about going. I was thinking about hanging back at home and spending some alone time, but I figured, "No. Let's go."

My parents are, however, lamenting at how this trip has gone sideways. What was originally conceived as just a quiet week with the grandkids has snowballed into: us, my brother (sans kids), my sister & her on-again off-again boyfriend and his two kids from his first marriage, and my borderline-obnoxious uncle and his family.

Anyway, I'll be gone until Saturday, in case anyone's wondering why I've dropped off the face of the Earth.

And as soon as I get back, I'll need to buy some fat pants. My God, a size 38 was my size for the past 8 years, and now...time to upgrade.

Still wondering how I managed to lose so much weight in Japan. It was either the steady diet of rice and ramen, having no car and walking every where, or both.

No comments: