Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm back! But you probably didn't notice I was gone. Yup, I've been in Valleyview for the past three days with my Dad, checking out all variety of oil leases. For those who don't know, Valleyview is a large community on the Alaska Highway. It pretty much exists because there's an intersection there. You can turn left and go west to Grande Praire and eventually Dawson Creek, BC, or you can continue north to Peace River, the territories, and eventually Alaska.

But yeah, had to come back tonight because I've got a really big thing tomorrow night. My mother is winning an Alberta Centennial Medal.

As I'm sure you can guess, the Alberta Centennial Medal is a special award being given out to Albertans to celebrate the Centennial. My mother is winning one because of her having been on the school board, and currently being on the libaray board, the community development board, and about a dozen other boards that I'm not quite what they do.

And here's the kicker. The Alberta Government is giving away a couple thousand of these, but my mother's is just THE SECOND ONE being recognized by Rideau Hall. I'm not exactly sure what that means. Maybe all it means is that the Lieutenant Governor gets to give it to Mom. Maybe it puts Mom in line for the Order of Canada some day. Who knows?

But I still think it's cool.

No comments: