Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm sitting around at the computer, playing video games. Suddenly, the phone rings.

It's one of Dad's clients. I pass the phone over to Dad. He may be laid up, but he's still working.

When Dad gets off the phone, he calls down to me in the basement. The call waiting beeped in while he was on the phone, and could I check voice mail? Sick or not, he'd be lost without me.

I check the voice mail. It's Sonic 102.9 FM. I've made it to round 3. I'm one of the 10 finalists.

I call Sonic 102.9 back right away. They tell me the specifics. They want me to come down to their studios on Thursday so they can record a few promos for me. (i.e. "Hi, I'm Mark Cappis. I'm a Cancer who likes long walks on the beach and Kevin Smith movies. Vote for me!")

My big day is Wednesday, October 5. From 6 AM to 9 AM, I'll be doing the news on their morning show. 102.9 FM in the City of Edmonton.

Then, the people of Edmonton phone into the station to vote for me as their favourite morning news announcer. Or maybe it's at the website. I'm not quite sure.

All I know is, out of all the crazy things I've done in my life, this is definitly in the top 5.

No comments: