Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Oy. Not a good day. I woke up in the middle of the nigh with a charlie horse of intense pain that still hasn't gone away...my tooth still hurts despite the dentist telling me that the pain would go away "in a few days" (that was 10 days ago)...I think I'm getting my mother's flu...I'm still hurting emotionally from my recent spate of job rejections...and Space thought it'd be a good idea to preempt the Aquaman episode of Smallville in favour of the biography of William Shatner.

I'm experiencing 7 flavours of pain, and not one of them is chocolate.

But all this pain has been good. I managed to write three columns this weekend! That's a feat I haven't accomplished in a good long while. But, you're not going to read any of those. Instead, you're reading the crappy one I wrote last week. It's called Timmy's:

" Granted, in Canadian pop culture, there’s very little that we have to call our own. We’ve got very little in the way of our own TV industry, film industry, and music industry. As for a fast food industry, though, there’s one thing that rises above it all. There’s one nationwide restaurant we all look to and claim as our own. At least, I think that’s why Tim Horton’s has gotten so freakin’ popular in recent years. "

Read it all right here


Oh, and in case your interested, here's a couple of notable dates for you:

- Marvel Entertainment and 20th Century Fox have selected July 4, 2007 to be the day of the release of Fantastic Four 2. That's the same day as the live-action movie version of The Transformers. Something tells me one of those films will get moved....

- December 13 is when we here in North America will finally be able to see Godzilla: Final Wars. The last Godzilla movie ever gets a straight-to-DVD release here in the USA and Canada.

And one useless trivia fact from Wikipedia:

If you go to Google and type in "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" Google will tell you she's in Cairo.

No comments: