Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Today at around 10AM, I get a call from Sonic's producers. They were whipping up some 30-second spots for us wildcard candidates. They gave me 20 seconds to say why people should vote for me. I took a deep breath and said,

"People should vote for me because I have the experience, I have the education, and I've worked too hard for too long for a job in radio to be denied now."

I recounted this tale to my father. Dad said, "I think that [what you said] was more a message for the Sonic management than the voters."

Anyway, there's 24 hours left in the polls, and I'm a distant second-last. Unless something freakin' miraculous happens over the next day, I think we can say this ball game is over.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who voted for me. And a special thanks to Drew King Dalby and Adam Kerr for letting me crash at their place on the eve of my on-air shift, so that way I could get there on time.

Monday morning, I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again. And the adventure continues....

No comments: