Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Well, this is it folks. I'm off to the big city to do my audition thing for Sonic 102.9.

Yeah, it's not until tomorrow morning, but they want me at their station at 6AM. So, in an attempt to get more sleep, I'm going to be crashing with some friends in Edmonton tonight.

Don't worry, there'll be a massive blog entry about it tomorrow evening right here.

Naturally, I'm nervous. Trying not to be, though. I had a chat with my old news instructor yesterday and she was all like, "What do you want me to tell you? You got the skills!" Well, that's not all she said. She also gave a few helpful hints.

But, yeah. This is a crazy and insane way to get a job. God, I love it!


Oh, and I guess I have to comment on the big movie news of the day. Are you ready for a movie based on a video game that might actually be good?

Peter Jackson, he who gave us The Lord of the Rings and this December's King Kong, will be the executive producer on the movie version of the immensly popular Microsoft video game Halo.

Because of Jackson's involvment, Halo will be filmed at Jackson's studios in New Zealand, and Weta Digital and Weta Workshop will be doing the special effects.

The screenplay has been written by Alex Garland. Garland wrote the smash hit horror movie 28 Days Later, and he wrote the novel The Beach (which was turned into the Leonardo DiCaprio movie of the same name).

A director will be announced in the forthcoming weeks. The film will be a co-production between Universal, 20th Century Fox, and Microsoft. Summer 2007 is the targeted release date.

Microsoft is heavily involved in this because Halo has become a mutli-billion dollar property for the software giant. A crappy movie based on their video game could seriously hurt their bottom line.

No comments: