Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I had one of those impossibly good days that seem to be few and far between these days. Many good things happened to me:

- After two years of searching, I finally got my hands on one of the J-Pop songs I absolutly loved when I was in Japan. I love it when I get one of those songs...it kinda cements the fact that teaching in Japan was something I really did, and not some crazy dream.

- Went to see Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. My God, that is one funny movie. I'm still deciding whether it was 3 nibs or 3.5. There's this one bit involving a coin-operated biplane...you have to see it to believe it.

- Bought Episode III on DVD!!

- Stopped by NAIT and did some fiddling with the equipment and whipped up a new announcing demo. I like this one a lot more than the last one I made about three weeks ago.

- And, to top it all off, I got paid to do all this, because in between, I swung by the lab to drop off some soil samples!

It was a good day. A lot of good things happened, and at the end I felt as though I'd accomplished something. That feeling's gotten so rare....

About the only thing that would have made it better was if Dax welcomed me home wearing nothing but a smile and her spots.

(Been watching a lot of DS9 reruns as of late.)

No comments: