Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, February 20, 2006

%$#@ Alberta Government

So, today, I finally got an answer to that question I've been asking for a week.

"Where's my prosperity bonus?"

The Government told us that, if we didn't have it by February 10, that we should panic, as the 10th was the day they were to be mailed out. So, on the 17th, I finally decided to push the panic button. Cuz hey, I got plans for my $400.

I called the 1-800 help number. 1-866-209-8903, in case you haven't got yours. I got a friendly man who asked the usual questions.

"Did you file your 2004 taxes?" Yes.

"Were you an Alberta resident as of Sept. 1, 2005?" Yes.

And then, the unusual question. "Were you living outside the country recently?" Yes, I was in Japan from June 2002 to June 2003.

"What's the exact day you returned from Japan?" June 23, 2003.

"Ah, here's the problem. Our data says you're still in Japan."

So, according to the guy, everything's been fixed now, my Alberta residency is assured, and I should be getting my prosperity bonus in April.

Let me say what everyone else has been saying: the Alberta Government is so messed up, they can't even give away money.

No comments: