Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Day Has Come

Once upon a time, about a year and a half ago, I made a solemn vow. I swore that, with my first paycheck from my first job in radio, I would run out and buy The Ultimate Matrix Collection; that massive, 10-DVD set of The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, the Matrix Revolutions, and more DVD bonus materials than you can shake a stick at.

Guess what?

I got my first paycheck from my first job in radio yesterday.

I think, though, that I'll hold off on buying it for a few weeks. In another week or two, I'll be making the day trip into Edmonton to buy my new TV...my housewarming present to myself. What better thing to break in a new TV than The Matrix?

But yeah. I have arrived.


Speaking of DVDs, here's some news for those who like Apocolypse Now.

A few weeks ago, when it was announced that the original, theatrical versions of The Star Wars Trilogy were coming to DVD, a lot of people went, "That's great, now how about Apocolypse Now? The only DVD version for that is the 2001 Redux."

Well, the answer to that question is...August 15!

On that day, we'll get the 2-disc set Apocolypse Now: The Complete Dossier. This 2-disc set contains the original 1979 theatrical version AND the 2001 Redux. No word yet on the bonus materials, just some vague hints at "audio commentaries, rare unseen footage, lost scenes, brand new featurettes, Segments from the Cutting Room Floor, Then & Now retrospectives and more."

So, there you go. Apocolypse Now is still high on my list of "classics to check out some day."

No comments: