Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, June 02, 2006

Good-bye, sunshine

Wow. I had a busy week, so I haven't been able to sit down and break in my new TV by watching The Matrix or Serenity. I was looking forward to doing that this weekend.

And then, my first package from Zip.ca came.

Zip.ca is this online DVD rental place. You pay a monthly subscription fee. You click on the DVD you want to rent. They mail it to you. Once you're done watching it, you mail it back, and they send you the next one on your list.

I have a friend who's been a member for over a year now, and he's had nothing but good things to say about it. In fact, he's thinking about quitting because he hasn't gone outside and played in the sunshine for soooooooooo long.

He's tried to talk me into it, and I thought it'd be worth giving a try. I signed up earlier in the week, and my first package of DVDs came today. In case you're curious, here's what I got:

Blade: Trinity - Loved the first two, but missed the third one in the theatres. Finally time to check it out.

The Chronicles of Riddick - Vin Diesel's massive, yet flawed, sci-fi epic.

And I also got the first two volumes of Galaxy Angel. Galaxy Angel was this totally insane, absolutly hilarious anime I used to watch on TV in Japan. It's about an all-female group of fighter pilots who cruise the galaxy performing humanitarian missions. I wonder if it'll be as funny in English....

But yeah. I'm already questioning why I signed up. I mean, I've got my already-massive DVD library. And besides, you have to keep a wish list of at least 20 DVDs at all times. I was struggling to come up with 20. I thought there were so many more I wanted to watch.

OH, well. Let's have fun with this for a few months and see what traspires.

No comments: