Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, July 31, 2006

Learning is Fun!

As I mentioned a few days ago, I finally got Gargoyles: Season 2, Volume 1, and I'm still watching a lot of Gargoyles. Still, the best cartoon Disney ever produced.

And, thanks to the running commentary, I'm learning new hidden things about the show that I never knew before.



Take, for example, the Weird Sisters. Ever since Shakespear's MacBeth, these three witches have become a popular archtype in all kinds of fantasy works. Now, while I knew that these three actually did have individual names in the Gargoyles universe, I didn't know that they were supposed to be symbolic.

The golden-haired one is Phoebe, and she is the Sister of Grace.

The raven-haired one is Celene, and she is the Sister of Vengeance.

The silver-haired on is Luna, and she is the Sister of Fate.

God, I need a life.

No comments: