Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WEIRD AL'S FIRST NEW VIDEO IN 3 YEARS!!

Hey! Over at Yahoo! Music, you can watch the music video for "Weird Al" Yankovic's new single, Don't Download This Song.

Check it out! Like, now, dudes!.

A little note about this video: like all 6 music videos on Weird Al's new album, this one is 100% animated. The animator on this one was world-renowned animator Bill Plympton. Plympton is world-famous for having cranked out 26 short films and 5 animated features...and animating each and every frame himself. He won the Best Animated Short Film Oscar in 1987 for a short called Your Face. He was last nominated last year for a short film called Guard Dog.

I first heard of him back in 1997, during the release of his animated feature I Married a Strange Person. I thought it was remarkable that he animated the whole thing himself, and for the life of me, for the past 9 years, I couldn't remember his name.

Take notes on this man, Mr. Bowick, cuz I know you have similar ambitions.

No comments: