Just forget the words and sing along

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Latest Targ's Up!!

Just a quick note to let you know that I've got the latest episode of The Targ up! This week is Episode 17: A Tale to Tell. I try something different this week...this time, instead of doing a typical radio break between songs, I tell a whole story...about my centuries long quest to get a multiregional DVD player!

(Well, it's just 3 years long, but you know what I'm saying.)

Give it a listen!


Other than that, I'm just lamenting the amount of money I spent yesterday. In addition to the aforementioned DVD player, I also bought myself a VCR. It may surprise you to know that I haven't upgraded all of my movies to DVD yet...and I still have a bunch of videos I watch from time-to-time. Besides, with season premiere season just around the corner, I wanted to be able to start watching Family Guy again.

And, I bought a vacuum cleaner. That was a flat out necessity, as my carpet was starting to get pretty vile.

And, as has become my way whenever I make a trip to Edmonton, I wind up blowing $100 on DVDs. This time, I splurged and got those ultra-rare Cadillacs of special editions...Criterion DVDs. I got Criterion's releases of Armageddon and Monty Python's Life of Brian. Each one was $50.

I can hear you all the way from where you are..."$50 FOR ARMA-FREAKIN'-GEDDON??" What can I say? It's one of those DVDs I've been lusting after ever since the medium was invented.

Now go listen to The Targ.

No comments: