Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, August 31, 2007

VACATION!!!



I've blogged this before, and I'll blog it again.

Why do I like Pokemon so much? It's because Pokemon represents my ideal life.

People on that show have no want or care for money. Food and a warm bed are always around the bend. There is no care but what adventure lay beyond the horizon.

Joining you on the journey are your best friend, and a member of the opposite sex who's in the exciting, but confusing, place between "friend" and "more than friend."

That, my friend, is my ideal life. The magical, superpowered creatures are just icing. The closest I ever came to that was my final weeks in Japan, and I'll be trying to do it again next week.

I didn't want to take a vacation originally. I worked so hard and so long to get a job in radio that I didn't want anything to take me away from it. That and, you know, I'm the news guy. I'm afraid that if I'm gone for too long, I'll miss "the big story."

But now that the day is here, I'm really, really, really looking forward to it. I've been sharing bits and pieces of the plan here on the blog for the past few months. I'm going to head down to Red Deer to visit family, and from there make a day trip to Drumheller to see the Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology. After that, I'll be heading to home to Entwistle, where my parents have made mention that they might drag me out to Jasper for a couple of days.

And somewhere in there, I'm going to hook-up with my best friend, who's back in the province. We going to try to meet in West Edmonton Mall because, well, he had some relationship trouble a few months back, and I promised him a lunch at Hooter's.

And not to worry, I'll have Clippy with me the whole time, and I'm going to make a series of podcasts about it.

But because of my workaholic nature, I'm going to try to be as off the grid as much as possible on this holiday. Cuz I just know, after checking e-mail, it won't be long before I check my work e-mail and start fretting. So if there's no blog entries or e-mails from me for a week or so, don't worry. I'm relaxing.

but, before I go, I've got an episode of The Targ for you! This week, it's Episode 63: Vacation! Guess what it's about?

Listen to it!

And that's it. I'm off. See you soon.



No comments: