Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Greatest News Story I've Ever Written

This is my actual lead story from my newscast on Monday, February 5. I can't believe I wrote. Well, I can believe I wrote it. I can't actually believe I read it. But the act brightened my day, and I hope it brightens yours.




RIVER RATS ROCK CAPPIS/CKBA 2/5/08

The head of Athabasca Dick has been found. The head of the Magnificent River Rats festival mascot was stolen shortly after the festival back in July. The head was recently recovered in the woods next to Edwin Parr Composite. The head is now at the dry cleaners, being repaired. The search now continues for Athabasca Dick's pants.




Athabasca Dick's pants went missing shortly before last year's festival.

If you're wondering why the mascot is named Athabasca Dick, it's because Robert Service wrote a poem about Athabasca and it's called...Athabasca Dick.

Find out everything about this year's festival at The Magnificent River Rats official website.

No comments: