Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, March 28, 2008

Star Trek meets Indy meets Star Wars

Wow, here's two geek spheres that are about to collide in a magnificent way.

It was revealed today that the next trailer for the new Star Trek movie will be in front of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull! Man, it's not like I needed another reason to see Indy....

And also, the good folks at Lucasfilm announced today that, on Tuesday, they'll be launching Indiana Jones Shop.com, your online answer to all your Indiana Jones merchandise needs.

For some reason, though, they're really hyping the fact that one of the items up for sale will be version "A" of the poster for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which I think have mentioned is one of my favourite movie posters of all time.


Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster


Have I ever told you why it's one of my favourites?

When I was a kid, the one movie theatre I went to all the time had a bunch of early-80s movie posters on display in the lobby. The above poster hung right next to the poster for Return of the Jedi. I spent every moment before every movie I saw as a child staring at this:

Return of the Jedi poster Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster


I've got the Jedi poster...I'd kind of like to complete the set.

No comments: