Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Mark Cappis: That Crafty Geek

Just finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas with the brand-new running commentary with Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, and director Henry Selick. I learned something about the film that I never knew before!

Tim Burton had originally wanted his idol and friend Vincent Price to do the voice of Santa Claus! Director Selick explains why they ultimately didn't use Price. He was getting on in years, and his wife had recently passed away, and it hit him hard. Says Selick, his voice was frail and full of sadness.

Anyway, let's switch gears and talk about another of my heroes..."Weird Al" Yankovic! Weird Al just announced on his blog that his Straight Outta Lynwood tour is officially done. I'm really glad I finally caved and went to see him in Edmonton...who knows how longs its going to be now before he returns?

Check this out! Because I was close enough to the stage to catch the various items that were thrown into the audience, here's the little memento I made from the concert!



So, that phony $100 in the centre is what he sprays on the audience when he sings I'll Sue Ya, the red border is actually one of the red streamers that gets fired out into the audience when he sings Canadian Idiot.

Now, I just need a spot in my tiny, tiny rented basement to hang it.

Darn it! I need a house!

No comments: