Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Weird Al's New Song!

Great day for me on so many levels. First, lets get the most important thing out of the way.

Happy Birthday, Jason and Jeanette! Yup, it's my brother's AND my sister's birthday today. And despite the alliteric names, they aren't twins.

Secondly, the Kevin Smith Q&A in Edmonton? That was cancelled last week, leaving me swamped with disappointment? It's a go for tonight, and I'm going! And I successfully got tomorrow off to recover, so yay!

And finally, my hero, "Weird Al" Yankovic released a new song today! During his last tour, Weird Al said that it was time to experiment with alternate forms of distribution...mainly, releasing his parodies online as soon as they're recorded so that way they're current.

He tries it out today with his iTunes exclusive release of Whatever You Like, a paordy of Whatever You Like by T.I.!

Sadly, it's only available on iTunes USA, but God bless YouTube!




(For those reading my blog, Midnight Ramblings, here's where you'll see the embedded YouTube video of "Whatever You Like." For those of you reading this in Facebook and think I posted a note, I urge you to go to my blog, Midnight Ramblings, to see the embedded YouTube video and my handcrafted blog format.)

As for my assessment? Well, it pains me to say this about my hero, but it seems a little weak. I give it 3/5

No comments: