Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Movie Bit-Lits

Lots of little movie bits I feel like sharing. First up, if you're like me, then the genre of the teen comedy is probably one that makes you run screaming. But I feel like sharing the trailer for this upcoming teen comedy called I Love You Beth Cooper:





Now, why does this particular teen comedy pique my interest? That would be this:

From the director of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

That's right, Chris Columbus returned to his teen comedy roots. I say "returned" because his very first film was the 1980s teen comedy Adventures in Babysitting.

Ah, Adventures in Babysitting. For some reason, I saw that one a lot when I was a kid. I keep seeing it in the DVD discount bin, but I never have the money to pick it up....



Next up, I think this is the best idea for a movie ever.

So we've got your typical Jane Austen comedy of errors...18th Century upper class British women trying to land an upper class husband.

And in the middle of all this, drop a bloodthirsty alien who starts picking them off one by one.

The title? Pride and Predator.

They start filming this summer.


And finally, I was telling a friend about how movies can evolve over time.

A few years back, a movie was in development called Nottingham. It was a revionist take on the tale of Robin Hood, portraying the Sherriff of Nottingham as a fairly decent guy who was just following orders and Robin Hood as a little more villanous. Ridley Scott signed on to direct, and his old friend Russel Crowe signed on to play the Shrriff.

Anyway, not to long ago, it was reported that Crowe would be playing both the Sheriff and Robin Hood. People went "WTF?" and Scott explained. In the new twist on the tale, Robin Hood kills the Sherrif in one of their early encounters. Thinking he might be able to change things from the inside, Robin Hood then adopts the Sherriff's identity.

Now, Scott is saying that all that stuff is out the window, and it's going to be a straight-up retelling of Robin Hood. Crowe is now playing Robin Hood, and the film is called...Robin Hood.

They begin filming in two months.

No comments: