Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, February 02, 2009

Superbowl Spots!

Well, the Superbowl is always good for a movie geek like me, because so many summer blockbusters give us commercials in the Superbowl and kick off their advertising campaigns. And, based on the crop of commercials in this year's Superbowl, I think 2009 is going to be a great year for that genre known as "the event picture."

First up, one that I'm really looking forward to, one of my favourites from my childhood is on the big screen. It's the Real American Heroes themselves, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.






Speaking of childhood favourites, coming out just in time for my brithday this July, it's the Transformers sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.






Big fat Trekkie that I am, perhaps the one that I'm most looking forward to is the re-boot of Star Trek.






I'm one of those guys who believes that Pixar can do no wrong, so I'm also counting down the days to Up:






And lastly, I was originally indifferent towards this one, but this spot has me hooked. Will Ferrel brings us the new movie version of the beloved 1970s adventure show, Land of the Lost:



No comments: