Just forget the words and sing along

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's That Time Again: Animated Film Catch-Up!

Hey, it's that time again! It's time for bi-annual tradition, animated film catch-up!

Here's the story. I love animated films. Love love love them! There was once a time when I would run out to the theatre and see every animated film that came out. But then, something odd happened. The more I watched, the more I realized that...most of them are all the same. They all tend to be talking animals making pop culture references voiced by celebrities. So I started thinking that I didn't have to go out and see every animated film that hits the theatres.

Now, I do something I've dubbed animated film catch-up. I head down to the video store, and I rent every animated film from the past couple of years that I've had a mild interest in. And then, I go home, and watch them all in one Dr Pepper and Doritos fueled lost weekend!

I call it a bi-annual tradition, but the truth is, I do it whenever I'm browsing in the video store, and I've noticed that the vast majority of animated films I have a mild interest in have drifted from the "new releases" section to the "regular films" section. Every 2 or 3 years seems to be when it happens.

Here's what's on the menu for this edition of Animated Film Catch-Up:
  • Bee Movie
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who
  • Bolt
  • Monsters vs Aliens


I'll be posting capsule reviews here on the blog at the end of each film...when I have my intermission to refill the Dr Pepper.

We'll start things with Bee Movie after supper.

No comments: