Just forget the words and sing along

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Animated Film Catch-Up: 2011

I've been plotting to do this for a while now, and since I'm so darn bored this weekend, this seemed like the right time.

It's time for the latest installment of Animated Film Catch-Up!

Here's what I'm doing. I love animated films. There was once a time in my life when I'd run out to the theatre and see the latest animated film that just came out.  But then, something happened.  The marketplace started getting flooded with animated films.  And most of them were just talking animals making pop culture references.  It became boring.  It became repetitive.  It became expensive.

So, I started doing Animated Film Catch-Up.  About every year and a half or so, I'll head down to the local video store, and I'll rent all the animated films I had a mild interest in going to see.  And then, I'll watch them all in one Dr Pepper and Dorito-fueled lost weekend! 

On the list for this weekend:
  • 9
  • Fantastic Mr Fox
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
  • Despicable Me
  • How to Train Your Dragon
As always, I'll be tossing up reviews here on the blog as soon as I'm done watching them.

I think I'll work my way from the bottom of this list up to the top.  That means we're starting with How to Train Your Dragon.  See you in 2 hours or so!

No comments: