Just forget the words and sing along

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Alpocalypse Parodies

Just a little over a week to go before Weird Al's new album Alpocalypse comes out!  My copy is pre-ordered on Amazon.ca, and I can hardly wait for it arrive!

Anyway, starting to get a few comments on the blog telling me what songs Weird Al parodies on his new album.  Seeing as to how it's now part of the track listing on Amazon.ca and iTunes, I may as well share.

1)  Perform this Way - As previously revealed on YouTube a couple months ago, a parody of Born This Way from Lady Gaga.

3)  TMZ - From the title, it's obviously going to be about the gossip-sharing website.  It's going to be a parody of You Belong With Me from Taylor Swift.

5)  Polka Face - The polka medley.  I won't go into the list, but some of the songs in it are Poker Face, Womanizer, I Kissed a Girl, Fireflies, Need You Now and Justin Beiber's Baby.

7)  Party in the CIA - Riffing on Party in the USA from Miley Cyrus.  Weird Al's first parody of a Disney kid!

9)  Another Tattoo - Spoofing Nothin' On You by B.o.B. featuring Bruno Mars.  Hmmm...this is the only one where I`m not familiar with the original, so let`s try to find it on YouTube:







11)  Whatever You Like - Part of the Internet Leaks collection, parodying Whatever You Like from T.I.

No comments: