Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Avengers Trailer!

Here it is folks, the new trailer for The Avengers.  One of those superhero films that folks thought would never happen, just because of all the heroes involved.

Once again, for all my non-geek friends who tire of me ranting about it, The Avengers is the supergroup of Marvel Comics, where Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and various other heroes band together "to battle the enemies that no one hero can face alone."

What I like about the trailer:  that Mexican standoff shot of Cap, Iron Man, and Thor in that forest glen.

What I don't like:  I don't like Thor's re-designed costume.  It strikes me as a little off.  And I do agree with some Internet critics...it does look like Robert Downey Jr's charisma and star power might overpower the proceedings, making it Iron Man 3.

The Avengers hits on May 4, and it can't get here soon enough.








And because I need a thumbnail for when I post this on my social networking presences, here's the new poster.  A little too photoshopy, but hey, it's The Avengers.


No comments: