Just forget the words and sing along

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Secret World of Arrietty Review


So, for Family Day, I thought I'd run into the city and catch Disney's latest Studio Ghibli dub, The Secret World of Arrietty.  While it's not from Ghibli's in-house genius Hayao Miyazaki, I figured it was still worth a look, because Studio Ghibli is awesome.

It's neat...coming out of the theatre, I overheard this one guy..."I don't know what the big deal was.  I was always told that the big thing about anime was there's a stronger focus on story.  I thought that would have meant a happy ending." 

No...the big deal about anime is it's more mature, hence things like downbeat endings.  As they say in another of my favourite movies, "That's all life is, a series of down endings."

Long story short, I liked it, and there's now a review on the main website.  Click on over and read it!

No comments: