Just forget the words and sing along

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How the Mainstream Media Works, Part 26

So, Facebook convinced me to get the Soundcloud app as part of their new Timeline hype and all that.  I've had it for a month or so, didn't know what to do with it.

And then, I was cleaning out my hard drive at work and found this.

They say, in radio, a good way to practice your announcing is to read stuff out loud.  And I still do that from time to time.  If I'm ambitious, I'll record it and throw in some sound effects and stuff and practice my producing.

As was the case about three years ago, when Todd Babiak was still working for the Edmonton Journal.  He wrote this blog entry called "How the Mainstream Media Works, Part 26," and something about it just said to me, "Hey...that's a radio play!"

So I slapped it down, did all the voices, threw on some sound effects, and shared it with a few friends for giggles.

I found it today while cleaning out my hard drive, and figured I may as well used Soundcloud to share it with the world.

So, please enjoy my rendition of "How the Mainstream Media Work, Part 26," by Todd Babiak.





How the Mainstream Media Works, Part 26 by Mark Cappis

No comments: